Friday 30 January 2009

Why Life Sucks

Ive finally figured out why i struggle so much in my day to day life, its because frankly it sucks. I always want something else, i dream sooooooo much. I sit down and read a book and then for the rest of the day i want to be carrying a staff and wielding the Lords fire (The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant) or i watch a movie and i want to fall in love with a girl like Tuesday (Hot Tamale)

I mean how can i read a book and then willingly accept a reality where this (see below) statement cannot be true?

'I have stolen princesses back from sleeping barrow kings.
I burned down the town of Trebon.
I have spent the night with Felurian and left with both my sanity and my life.
I was expelled from the University at a younger age than most people are allowed in.
I tread paths by moonlight that others fear to speak of during day.
I have talked to Gods, loved women, and written songs that make the minstrels weep.

My name is Kvothe. You may have heard of me'

(The Name of the Wind)

I mean...thats a world i want to live in, the beauty of that statement is its not even all true, its slight exaggeration by Kvothe for the sake of story telling, but its a world that is so much more willing to believe in exaggeration, and because of that everything is so much better.

So its no surprise that everthing in this world that i actually like reminds in some way of these worlds filled with exaggeration. Girls that i consider to be beautiful with fiery temprements or problems that they need to overcome are my reluctant heroines or my complicated princesses. Climbing is my battle against nature, and attempt to defy a constant like gravity.

We have to find the impossible in everything we do and spend our time trying to prove it possible, otherwise wheres the fun? and if theres no fun....whats the point?

Fight like your world depends on it
Love like it'll change everyone and everthing
and learn so that you'll be able to solve everything

2 comments:

  1. You are so odd...
    How do you like this then?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erm... I can't believe I actually forgot to paste the link in my comment.. How embarassing.
    How do you like THIS then?
    http://www.offbeatearth.com/dont-like-reading-other-uses-for-books/

    Now I didn't seem as cool anymore...oh damnit.

    ReplyDelete